book report: Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler

This is not the genre of reading I look for when I visit the local library. However, at a picnic I mentioned my reading about dictators, conquerors, and war, specifically, Genghis Khan. The host of the picnic had his memory stirred and recommended an adventure writer he greatly enjoyed, Clive Cussler. Subsequently I left the picnic with his copy of Treasure of Khan, which I dutifully read.

To what can I compare this novel? An Indiana Jones screenplay perhaps. It's not that I'm averse to the occasional thriller, but Clancy and Grisham are a notch or three above this work. There are interesting occupational details of pilots and divers that add an authentic feel, but this work is the equivalent of a cartoon, not even a soap opera and far short of literature. As far as cartoons go, though, this is one that exceeds. Literary cartoons occupy an important niche, light reading, better than television, time filler. As long as the reader adjusts expectations accordingly, this novel won't disappoint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion