Gitmo rights

The Supreme Court of the U.S. is hearing a case on whether those incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay have habeas corpus rights. In brief this right is the name of a legal action or writ by means of which detainees can seek relief from unlawful imprisonment. The writ of habeas corpus has historically been an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action. (Answers.com) Here is a debate at the Federalist Society. Here are Google news links. Unfortunately, Huckabee doesn't want to take a stand before the court rules. For myself, as a resident alien, a citizen of heaven, temporarily on earth as an ambassador, a sojourner in this country, I'd like to offer my heavenly homeland's approach to these things. Treat others as you want to be treated, with such corollaries as don't hate your enemies but bless them. Consequently, if I were captured for allegedly working with terrorists, and then confined without trial for years, I would want habeas corpus rights. If I'd want them, why wouldn't I want my neighbor to have it also? Perhaps because I don't trust the judges who adjudicate, too liberal or something, unless they were going to rule in my favor. So I hope and pray the Supreme Court decides the way I think Christ would want them to.

See other posts on human rights and politics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion