Good Friday re-post

I started this blog 5 years ago right before Good Friday. I like what I wrote then, so I'm re-posting it, my 2nd post of the Umblog.

Crucifix of Black JesusImage by Biały via Flickr


Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

This is the Good News! This is why this terrible death is celebrated as Good.

These are things worth thinking on today, the last words of Jesus on Good Friday.

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) -compassion
"Amen I say to thee, this day you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43) -hope
"Woman, behold your son...Behold your mother." (John 19:26-27) -family
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46) -spiritual suffering
"I thirst." (John 19:28) -physical suffering
"It is finished." (John 19:30) -victory
"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." (Luke 23:46) -faith


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion