a missionary rant

this comes in the swirl of the SBC mish controversy, however, it contains gems on whether "American church" means a location or a worldview.
"I'm back in the States now, trying to adjust to American Churchianity. And I don't like it. I don't like the people bent on form and not on substance. I don't like the churches that are an inch deep and a mile wide. I don't like churches that are led by extremely well-educated and well-versed pastors who think, because they hold all these degrees and attended such-and-such school that they are the authority...when without a heart broken for the lost, they're spinning their wheels. And I don't like that educated supposition of a person who has pastored a large church of perhaps 1,000...in a big ol' Southern town of 200,000...to spout off about what he learned in seminary gives him the corner on the world evangelism. I have seen it several times. That big time pastor goes to a people group of 10 million. By himself and no other believers. Hope you have your plastic communion cups. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion