Redick's true colors

he seems like one of us born agains. his tats are bible verses. he was homeschooled in elementary school. unfortunately, the Lord decided he should play for the devil school, Duke. what did that get him? "...after a come-from-ahead loss to eventual champion Connecticut in the national semifinals -- in which Redick missed a crucial late shot -- it was time for a critical re-evaluation of the prodigy's progress." so he matures, even repented..."I regained my passion for basketball," Redick said. "My relationships with my family members were as good as they've ever been -- and my first two years, those were sometimes rocky. I met my girlfriend during that year and regained my spirituality...I try to be humble. I realize that any talent I have is a result of God's blessing. I don't feel the need to [talk trash] as much anymore."
but still, i actually like the buy, but still...
"in the final month of his college career, for headlong pursuit of the one basketball thing J.J. does not have: a national championship...
In the kind of full-circle story that sports seems to produce, it could come down to Duke-Connecticut. That would present the ultimate chance for Redick to measure his growth -- as a player and a person -- since the devastation that followed the loss to the Huskies two years ago.
And what if he missed the big shot a second time against UConn and a title eluded him?"

Well my school will have won another championship. And i wouldn't feel bad for him because he has eternal rewards...

if he does bring my school down in the tourney, i can still like him but abhor his team, coach, school, like i have since laettner stopped us back in '89.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion