Good Friday

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (NIV)

This is the Good News! This is why this terrible death is celebrated as Good.
I don't have today off from work, but these are things worth thinking on today.

  • "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) -compassion
  • "Amen I say to thee, this day you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43) -hope
  • "Woman, behold your son...Behold your mother." (John 19:26-27) -family
  • "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46) -spiritual suffering
  • "I thirst." (John 19:28) -physical suffering
  • "It is finished." (John 19:30) -victory
  • "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." (Luke 23:46) -control
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

    christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

    The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion