Biking, barefoot marathon and water balloons

On my bike ride home Tuesday some rowdy young men hung out the car as they drove up behind me and I suddenly felt a punch on my road side shoulder. But it wasn't a punch. They threw a water balloon at me but it hadn't burst. If it had I would have been happier as it was a hot ride. Instead they only left me with a sore shoulder. Since I knew I needed to forgive those who sinned against me, I gave them a thumbs up for effort. :-)

I ran a barefoot marathon this week, but it was over the past five days. This is the most I have ever run in a week, shod or not. I'm only suffering a small blood blister on the forefoot. There are only four more weeks until the local 12 mile race. I have five months until the local marathon though. I'm still biking every day to work. In order to beat the heat I go for my run right after my ride in. I hope that counts for something in the upcoming sprint triathlon at the end of the month. I concluded on this morning's run that since I'm such a slow runner, and incapable of finishing a marathon in an impressive time, the angle of running it barefoot compensates for my turtle-like ways. Barefooting provides an obvious excuse for a sloth's pace.

On another fitness angle, I'm still land-meat free. I gave up beef and chicken for Lent and have kept with it. I eat fish and dairy but mostly bread, rice and beans, fruit and salad with no apparent suffering in my fitness training. I recently read about work week vegetarians who are weekend meat eaters, which intrigues me. I may try that at some point.

Disclaimer: All of my bizarre fitness endeavors are not to be copied unless you are willing to take responsibility for your own suffering. Just because some guy on a blog says he does this stuff doesn't mean the stuff will work for you....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion