Political parties and Scripture

Food for thought from the Jewish prophet Jeremiah regarding political solutions to save our country .
7:5 For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor,
7:6 if you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt,
7:7 then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever.
7:8 "Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit.
7:9 Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know,
7:10 and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, 'We are delivered to do all these abominations'?
7:11 Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it," says the Lord. (NKJV)
I think all political parties are guilty of endorsing something that God condemns here. That's why I have no hope in parties. I'm registered independent. I have voted for 4 different parties in my adult life. This election I am voting against those who would "restore" abortion rights, which does not mean I will vote for the other large party. I didn't vote for them last time either. I voted for a small pro-life party. I don't know yet who I will vote for, but I'm sure of who I won't vote for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion