The Inadequacy of "Yes" Theology

LeadershipJournal.net - The Inadequacy of "Yes" Theology This article turned up an hour after I wrote I want to write more on the missiological church. Specifically, my thinking is prodded by the emergent church at large and some excellent reading I had done in January, The Celtic Way of Evangelism, by George G. Hunter, 2000 and Evangelism Outside the Box, by Rick Richardson, 2000. I enjoyed both books. However, as I reflect on those books, I'm not sure their message is that much different from Becky Pippert's Out of the Saltshaker and into the World, 1979. The combined synopsis is to be the salt of the earth, make your friends thirsty, and introduce them to the one who can slake that thirst. One of the keys is to make friends outside of the church. So maybe our friends are no longer asking what is true, but rather is there truth? But we also have to deal with lies. I haven't read McClaren's books but the concept of a "generous orthodoxy" sounds very similar to the house of cards situation described in the article above.
I'm reading the different bloggers in the emergent conversation to grasp meta-themes. I like the concentration of voices at TheOoze and the-next-wave. I need to read these down under sites the living room and tall skinny kiwi. I've also been reading Jesus Creed. Finally I discovered an old friend who is up to his neck in this stuff. That's alot on my plate. Some stuff is good and some stuff is bad. I'll be writing about both.

Comments

eric keck said…
glad to hear from you... stoked to hear what your upto.

cya

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion