Mormon Jesus

Joseph Smith's various First Vision accounts If Joe Smith's Jesus told him that no sect is acceptable, then how can the Jesus I worship in my unacceptable sect be the same as Joe's? Here are Joe's words:
My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right--and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in His sight: that those professors were all corrupt; that "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; they teach for doctrines the commandments of men: having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof." He again forbade me to join with any of them: here.
How can a Mormon hold this exclusive claim of Joe's Jesus and claim that he is not a different Jesus? I guess that's why I'm supposed to read the book. The answer to the question is "yes. Yes the Mormon Jesus is different."
Btw, a good blog entry and discussion with Richard Mouw from Fuller Seminary at the A-Team blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion