God is love - a Lenten series 7 Love outlasts pride

 Psalm 32:3 While I held my tongue, my bones withered away, because of my groaning all day long. 4 For your hand was heavy upon me day and night; my moisture was dried up as in the heat of summer. 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and did not conceal my guilt. 6 I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.” Then you forgave me the guilt of my sin.

Our pride is the lock on our jail, humility is the key to escape.

In Luke 15:11-32 Jesus tells the story of the prodigal son.
Peter Paul Rubens 1618
The rebellious son demands his inheritance and blows it like most lottery winners and ends up bankrupt sharing food with pigs on the farm he works at. His pride had imprisoned him in that pig sty. His humility allowed him to seek forgiveness. What was never in question was the love of his father, who waited for his son's return every day.

God never stops waiting for our return. Never. His love outlasts our pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion