A tale of two churches named Mosaic

- Mosaic Pastor Urges Christians to Act Like 'Barbarians'
That's fine to be a Christian barbarian, I guess. But I'm more intrigued by the claim to fame of having nearly 60 nationalities present and an average age of 27. I don't understand how you can claim success at diversity if you trade all-white, multi-generational for 40% Asian and mostly 20 somthings and their kids. Shouldn't the diverse chruch reach across ethnicity and geneartions? So compare this church in Los Angeles with another Mosaic in Arkansas.
They recently were highlighted in the latest issue of Christianity Today, article. The first paragraph indicates to me the range of ages attending and no where is an average age mentioned. This place only has 21 nations represented but the types of ministries offered do not seem youth centered.
Nevertheless, I'm glad the gospel is being preached at these places. If you've been to either of these places tell me about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion