Discernment at Solomon's Porch

so i'm concerned with seeing the enneagram on Pagitt's blog. Previously I had concern when I read about Solomon's Porch that "Monday night means yoga class, not board meetings. For worshipers at Solomon's Porch in Minneapolis, it's part of their passion for a new kind of spiritual formation." CT.
I am discerning a lack of discernment at Pagitt's church, because Pagitt isn't discerning. Hold off on flaming me though. I spent my 20's in a movement that lacked discernment also, The Vineyard. There was much I was blessed by in the Vineyard. It was used by God to scratch those itches that my Plymouth Bretheren upbringing didn't. (FWIW, Brian Mclaren comes from the PB). I never left the Vineyard though, instead our affiliation changed to Calvary Chapel. This wasn't a huge leap, as the Vineyard sprung from CC. And my pastor came from CC. So we were a Vineyard with alot of Bible teaching time and we became a CC with alot of worship time.
Winds of doctrine blew through the Vineyard. We parted ways around the time of the Toronto Blessing. But despite all this, people were saved, disciples were made, and mistakes were made. My hope is that Doug Pagitt and other ECers will learn from the Vineyard that discernment is valuable. I hope that being culturally accessible by incorporating Hindu worship, yoga, and Sufi mysticism, enneagram, will submit to being a called out people who are not of the world though in it. Syncretism so handicaps the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion