Two movies

I got free movie tickets this month and spent them on two movies. I liked Harry Potter and The Sorcer's Stone, but it wasn't as good as the book. I thought I really liked the movie until I saw the new Narnia movie. I loved it. How could I love it if the acting and cinematography and special effects weren't as good as HP? Because the computer generated Aslan voiced by Liam Neeson walked alone to his self sacrifice and I almost couldn't contain the sobs trying to erupt from deep within. I experienced Christ's sacrifice in a way much deeper than in Gibson's Passion. HP offers himself up without quite knowing who he is or what he can do, weakness moving to greatness, Aslan is the king who knows everything, the king who becomes slave. Jesus, loved me when I was still a sinner, a traitor. He endured physical torture, spiritual torment and death for me. And there was something I understood anew in that 5 second scene where Aslan turns to Lucy and Susan and tells them that he has to go on alone. Even as I write this waves of emotion threaten to overcome me. Aslan died for such a rotten person, Edmund (john) (insert your name here).

The arts are so powerful... That will have to be another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion