recumbent riding respite

My recumbent bike is not responding well to this winter's road conditions, not like last winter. In last week's ride in the low teens Fahrenheit a brake cable and a shifter froze up and would not move, even after WD-40 treatment. I keep the bike in a garage, so it isn't protected from the temps. When I got to work I brought it inside to warm it up. That resulted in my front tire deflating. Fortunately, I had a spare tube. Not 10 minutes into the ride home, in the afternoon when it had warmed up to the 20s, the cables re-froze. I didn't ride for the rest of the week but Monday morning I went out to the garage, the temps were then in the upper 50s (hear, hear, global warming) and the bike's repaired front tire was flat again and the rear brake was stuck in the engaged position. Time for the Trek 7200 commuter. Despite the uncomfortable post that I had to adjust to sitting on, and wrist pain, I do have to commend the quality of the components. Although the Trek has half the miles on it that the 'bent does, it is a year older but the shifters and brakes felt new. The suspension was nice as well as riding without hands. I think I will give the 'bent a winter rest and tune-up. It's tires are full of holes. I need new ones. 2 or 3 thousand miles on a pair of tires is nothing to complain about.

I still desire a trike, like this one by I.C.E., a Trice QNT, but I need the exchange rate to work in my favor, stronger dollar, weaker pound. Last year, 1600 British pounds exchanged for $3000, now it's $2500. C'mon...c'mon.

It is nice to have more than one bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion