prayer - my dad's example

my dad is at the place in his sanctification where he has embraced being a heavy duty pray-er. last night he told me he prays for family and friends and governments for 2 hours every morning. he has the time, he's retired. but he is daily committing 1/8th of his waking hours to full on prayer. he keeps a list with him, so that when he is asked to pray for something, he writes it down on his list right away. he prays for me and my family and my brother and his family, every day. its no mystery why i live a blessed life. he reminds me of the old testament prophet Job, who offered sacrifices every morning for his children just in case they sinned...they did all eventually die...but my dad has already been through the ringer, a few times. and it was all those trials that taught him to pray. i hope i can be like my dad someday soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion