Pastor as head chef
Ben Dubow is a local pastor who also cooks. He sees all the kitchen lessons he brings to pastoring. It is great stuff.
- Great ingredients matter.
- No one is above any task--great chefs jump in the pot sink when needed.
- Preparation is critical.
- You have to call the best out of people.
- Conflict is inevitable and must be dealt with.
- Understanding your customer is critical.
- Excellence is in the details--at every stage!
- You can't micro-manage a line chef. Trust them or fire them.
- Ultimately, though, the executive chef is accountable for everything!
- You earn credibility over the long haul and you can lose it with one bad meal or experience.