Learnings from College: part 4

Grace.
For whatever reason, most likely my sinfulness, i entered a rut of considering myself unworthy of answered prayer (true) unless i was a good boy (false). so i entered this weird religious performance cycle of sin - guilt - need - recommitment - good works - sin .... and my wonderful Intervarsity staff person decided to start a special education Bible study for me, my roommate, and another student and affirmed to us over and over God's love and grace. i responded in that typical immature way by having less guilt about the more sinning. i turned it into an i can do it all, sin and security thing. what Father also did was develop a genuine love relationship between us through this. i wasn't performing for Him. at one point i was sick of my acting and told Father i wouldn't be talking to Him in the mornings or reading His love letter to me so i could pursue earthly pleasure. i missed Him. after some period of time, more than a week, less than a month, i broke down and started talking to Him again. i told Him how much i missed Him. and as I talked to him an acquaintance from church back home happened to be driving by on campus. he stopped and offered me a ride. i didn't need a ride but unknowingly he showed me the love and grace of Father. i understood Father had choreographed a visit as i prayed. a visit that offered me something instead of demanding something. i was ecstatic for the rest of my walk. He still loved me. my pet sin didn't end that day. eventually i did change direction on that one. but grace is so cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion