from the A-Team
The most popular version of [the] Che t-shirt, for instance, sports the slogan "Fight Oppression" under his famous face. This is the face of a man who co-founded a regime that jailed more of its subjects than Hitler or Stalin's and declared that "individualism must disappear!"
Some of his other fine accomplishments (quotes from the article):
- Declared, "A revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate."
- Said, "I don't need proof to execute a man. I only need proof that it's necessary to execute him!"
- Boasted that he executed from "revolutionary conviction" rather than from any "archaic bourgeois details" like judicial evidence.
- Urged "atomic extermination" as the final solution for those American "hyenas," saying, "We will march the path of victory even if it costs millions of atomic victims."
- Provoked one of the biggest refugee crises in the history of this hemisphere.
- Rounded up Cuban rock & roll fans en masse, and herded them into prison camps for forced labor.
- Put effeminate male youth in prison camps with "Work Will Make Men Out of You" in bold letters above the gate.
- Jailed or exiled most of
's best writers, poets and independent film-makers. Cuba