Calvinists, Calvinians, Arvinianists and Armenians (And No, It's Not a Typo)

"And as I promised, here is my funny Arminian story.
I was on a Christian forum where a thread (a topic) appeared on Calvinism vs. Arminianism. I've never seen a Christian forum where this thread isn't eventually brought up. After much heated debate, a woman posted the following,
'I think you people are being very mean to the Armenians. I'm sure they are very nice people.'
I happen to live in the city with the largest enclave of Armenians outside of the capital of Armenia, Yerevan. My city in California has 210,000 and 40% are of Armenian descent, mostly coming here in the last 25 years. We have the two types - those from Armenia and those from the Middle East who are descended from those who survived the genocide of 1906.

So, I patiently explained to the woman on the forum that Armenians (with an 'e') were people from Armenia, a former Republic of the Soviet Union but now a free country on its own. Arminians (with an 'i') are followers of Jacobus Arminius' theology.
She was a bit embarrassed and thanked me for setting her straight."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion