4th barefoot run of 2007

it looks like a habit may be forming. i used the same short route as yesterday so i can focus on conditioning and technique.
conditioning
my feet started out a little tender. i was glad for a cloudy cool day to keep the ground cool. no excursions on the grass today. no new blisters. my feet are less happy after the run. my left ankle got a little sore but my feet weren't tender after a few minutes.
technique
as i tire, i lose my form. what is the form for barefoot running? it's the forefoot strike. the pose method is another name. when i get tired, i need to focus on marching and bringing my knee up higher and falling forward more so that i have to land on the balls of my feet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi John,
Lifting the knees is not so important as lifting the feet, and bending the knees...

Have fun,
John Umland said…
OMG, it's BFKB! I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy.
Actually, I reread this on your barefootrunning.org page and then you come and tell me it yourself. i focused a bit on that on this afternoon's run. I definitely need improvement in that area.
God is good
jpu

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion