Churchless Christian - down-shifting

"Instead of shifting up in wealth, power and responsibility which our consuming culture assumes, they do the opposite and downshift. Basically they are simplifying there lives in a radical way.

THOUGHTS
I think that the explosion of Western Christians returning to simple Christianity in all its forms, is part of this societal move towards downshifting.
For me it has been a real relief to get off the treadmill of Church programming, which in the end was hindering my families' relationships with one another and exhausting us, thus had begun to work against our values. What I love about living my faith in this way is not the theology but the simplicity. I am just now beginning to truly relax."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did Peter put his coat on before jumping in the water? John 21:7

christians should be the biggest supporters of the trans community

The near sacrifice of Isaac and bad religion